In 1870 de Graaff sold his half share to Prince who then leased the building to Peter Carel Metelerkamp who also traded as a General Merchant, followed in 1868 to 1879 by William Lloyd.
The building was used in 1883 as both Court House and Residency by the Civil Commissioner and Magistrates until 1929.
In 1895 Thomas Prince sold the building to the Cape Colonial Government, which now houses the Police Station and Court Rooms.
The Forest Department had offices upstairs before moving to the Demar Centre.
In 1998 it was extended to include six more Court Rooms.
In 2012 the Court Room Complex and Solicitor’s offices were extensively and sensitively renovated.