About FAMSA Knysna
FAMSA is a non-profit organisation (NPO) specialising in relationship counselling. We believe that “healthy families create healthy communities” and are the foundation of our society.
Secure families provide a favourable environment where family members can develop to their full potential, develop positive identities and form a set of values that serve as a frame of reference for life. Families come in many forms including: extended families, single parent families, gay couples (with or without children), nuclear families, child headed families, childless couples, cohabiting couples and combined families. FAMSA recognises all forms of family and strives to make a positive impact in our communities through our counselling and support services.
Five Priority Issues:
- Family, community and relationship breakdown.
- Community violence and trauma.
- Abusive relationships.
We are committed to:
- Quality and excellence of service.
- Accessibility to all people and communities.
- Openness, tolerance and respect.
- Non-discrimination regarding race, sexual preferences, culture or religious denomination.