The Sista’s have been responsible for:
- Running youth workshops on a regular basis, giving them spiritual Rastafari teaching and life skills such as arts, crafts, music, permaculture, environmental awareness etc.
- Fundraising for projects of Community upliftment.
- Sharing skills amongst one another towards creative self-employment.
- Starting the Educare centre and getting Sista’s trained in Early Childhood Development.
- Organizing social gatherings, such as family nights, for unity and strength.
The majority of Sista’s in Judah Square are employed. Some have started their own businesses such as dressmaking and alteration, arts and crafts, food stalls, a holistic healing centre, bed & breakfast, curio shop and EduCare centre.
They, as women, hope to exemplify what is possible through working together.